PDA

View Full Version : Merlin

Brian Barcelos
11-16-2009, 12:31 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2561/4109868752_aefe901ea3_o.jpg

Took this a few hours ago with my wife's XSi and is about 45% of original image. Not to bad in detail for such a big crop I thought. This little lady was with me for about two minutes until the Crows noticed her and scarred her away. That always happens to me when I find a cooperative subject. I'll be leaving here in a few to see if I find her again this afternoon and hopefully find her perched on a lower branch. All C/C appreciated.

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi
Aperture-Priority AE
Tv 1/2500
Av 6.3
Evaluative Metering
Exposure Comp -1
ISO Speed 400
Tamron 200-500mm
Focal Length 500mm

Stu Bowie
11-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Hey Brian, good looking merlin, and love the detail and colours. Although the angle is steep, Im sure thats the best you could have done. I would maybe clone out the OOF twigs LLC. Hope you get to see her on a lower perch. Cheers.

Mack Hicks
11-16-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm envious of your capture. We have a merlin patroling our backyard feeders. My wife got a fleeting through the window shot. I have just seen her flying over the feeders when I went to fill them. I agree with getting rid of the LLC branches, but I probably would have cropped them out of the frame giving the subject more room above and to the left.

arash_hazeghi
11-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Hi Brian, it's a beet steep but I like the expression on the Merlin's face, agree with removing the oof branch.