PDA

View Full Version : Magnifying posted images

wendell westfall
11-15-2009, 09:37 PM
I sometimes read critiques others' images -- and of mine -- that make me think the critic looked at the image in a magnified view. For instance, I often see comments about NR where I myself can see none in the posted image. I'm led to assume the image was transferred somehow to the critic's computer program(?) for a look at it, where it can be seen in a zoom view, etc. If I am correct in this assumption, how is that done? If not, please explain . . .

Wendell

Fabs Forns
11-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Nobody is supposed to magnify images for critique.
It is something we are opposed to.

Axel Hildebrandt
11-15-2009, 11:01 PM
I only comment on noise when I can see it in the image as presented. Of course, there are variables such as monitor size/quality and screen resolution.

wendell westfall
11-16-2009, 12:14 AM
Fabs and Axel: Thanks for your very prompt responses.

nzmacro
11-17-2009, 02:06 AM
Nobody is supposed to magnify images for critique.
It is something we are opposed to.

100% correct of course Fabs. The thing is with IE8, we can magnify the image to 150% in the bottom front of the browser now. No need to use software on the images. I use it all the time for easy reading with my old eyes :)

Its the last thing you want to do though for an image, it just magnifies the problem and the images have all been down sized and compressed anyway. Its not really something I worry about in forums. Its not exactly real world imaging.

Danny.

William Malacarne
11-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Danny

Firefox does it also......in the tool bar under View in the drop down menu under Zoom it offers, Zoom In, Zoom Out, Reset and Zoom Text Only.

Bill

nzmacro
11-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Probably Opera and Safari as well Will. Once one starts it, they all add it :). Great for reading sites with small print IMO, but I wouldn't bother on an image.

Anyway, interesting one and its all available without adding anything.

Danny.

wendell westfall
11-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Danny and Bill, you have been very helpful to me by pointing out these features of browsers . . .