PDA

View Full Version : last sunflower

Mike Fuhr
11-15-2009, 08:07 PM
There's one last species of sunflower blooming along the river -- I got a few shots last week before going into winter mode...

D300
100-300 F/4
300mm
F/6.3
1/320
ISO 400
Tripod

Anita Bower
11-16-2009, 06:06 PM
You are lucky to still have flowers blooming! I like the composition, with the while flowers behind the sunflower. The dark area in upper RC is a bit distracting to me--not sure what to do about it. You might consider cloning out the bug or spot on the flower petal. I wish the yellow flower were a bit sharper. Thanks for sharing.

Julie Kenward
11-17-2009, 06:57 PM
I think Anita nailed the comments...the URC is a bit distracting but not terrible. You might try doing a shadow/highlight adjustment just in that corner or maybe a hue adjustment would bring it closer to the rest of the greens. I also feel the yellow flower is just a bit soft and would definitely clone out the one spec.

From a compositional aspect, I love how the white flowers run through the image...I think it might have been stronger if you had dropped the yellow flower more to the bottom right corner and let the white flowers run from LRC to ULC just a bit more.

Neat image. I like the change in textures with the foliage, yellow flower and spiky white flowers.

Mike Moats
11-18-2009, 05:26 AM
Hey Mike, I agree with Jules on the comp, place the flower in the lower left corner and run the white line of flowers on more of a diagonal up to the upper right corner. Looks like it needs a little more sharppening on the yellow flower's center.