PDA

View Full Version : A Bend in the River

Roman Kurywczak
11-15-2009, 07:08 PM
This was from Childs Park a few weeks ago. A few of us were drawn to this scene but another photographer was in the BG near the fence. The light was getting mixed.....so I waited till the sun ducked behind a cloud and fired away....fortunately for me...the photog was gone....so no cloning/patching required. I did a few comps from this spot....as moving only a few inches made a big difference. I had the pleasure of having Denise join me on this outing....she was just to my left.
Canon 1D Mark lll and the 17-40mm lens @ 35mm for 4 sec at f22 and ISO 100. Lee CP.

denise ippolito
11-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Roman, I think you did really well getting the shot w/o the mixed sunlight.You also didn't get the photographer in yours either! I also like the fallen tree-it adds some interest to the image. The water has a nice flow to it. VWD.

gary rouleau
11-15-2009, 08:25 PM
I really like as well. Your eyes feel the flow, if that makes sense.

gary

Ramesh Adkoli
11-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Beautiful image, Roman. The river front gives a feeling of being there and it leads the eye nicely through the image. I felt the image, specifically leaves are a bit soft, not sure that was because of slow SS and a breeze. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Dave Mills
11-15-2009, 11:50 PM
Hi Roman, Good comp with even lighting. For my taste I would have cropped the image down to above the yellow bush on the left but either way is pleasing...

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
11-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Nice shot Roman, like how the river flows though your image.

Grady Weed
11-19-2009, 04:59 PM
This would make a nice puzzle. It has a Thomas Kincaid look to it. Love the country feel. The fence adds some nice distraction and makes the trees seem not so cut off at the top.