PDA

View Full Version : Tipical Dutch riverlandscape.

Alexander Koenders
11-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Neat my office we heva a river named the Lek. At urley morning sometimes you encounter some fog hanging over it. This was such a moment.

Olympus E3, Zuiko ED12-60mm F2.8/4.5, F3, 16mm focuslength, 1/2500sec, 0 stop, ISO400,

Roman Kurywczak
11-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Hi Alexander,
I like the way you composed this with the fog on a diagonal and the river leading us through the scene. The sun placement is excellent also. 2 recommendations for you to explore....while I like the sky color and fog....cropping a bit down helps the river regain a bit of prominance. You may also want to try and bring this up a bit too...just to give a bit more detail in there. This was a perfect time to use the split ND filter.....so just keep that in mind. I will be in Amsterdam in Feb.....so I'd imagine all will be frozen...but will kepp this location in mind for my brief visit. Who knows....if I run into you I will let you use my split ND filter so you can see for yourself!
All in all nicely composed and you conveyed the mood very well.

Ramesh Adkoli
11-15-2009, 10:40 PM
You have captured the early morning mood very nicely, Alexander. Opening up the FG would help without affecting the overall impact of the image. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Dave Mills
11-15-2009, 11:40 PM
Hi Alexander, I too love the mood with the mist and the soft light. Agree that a small crop from the top(still maintaining that interesting cloud) and a bit of ccw rotation would help. All in all a pleasing image...

Alexander Koenders
11-16-2009, 04:34 AM
Hi Alexander,
I like the way you composed this with the fog on a diagonal and the river leading us through the scene. The sun placement is excellent also. 2 recommendations for you to explore....while I like the sky color and fog....cropping a bit down helps the river regain a bit of prominance. You may also want to try and bring this up a bit too...just to give a bit more detail in there. This was a perfect time to use the split ND filter.....so just keep that in mind. I will be in Amsterdam in Feb.....so I'd imagine all will be frozen...but will kepp this location in mind for my brief visit. Who knows....if I run into you I will let you use my split ND filter so you can see for yourself!
All in all nicely composed and you conveyed the mood very well.

At the end of febr. i will leave fore a two week trip to south africa bud if you come to Holland urley feb then i will be pleased to show you arround. Thanx fore commenting.