PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Scaup

Gary Esman
11-14-2009, 07:17 PM
50D, 1/3200, ISO 500, EF 100 - 400, f/5.6.

Thanks for looking! All C and C appreciated.

Gary.

Alfred Forns
11-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Hi Gary

Lovely water got you a nice reflection !! Did well with the exposure, might want a slight more detail on the shadows on base of neck but very pleasing..... giving more could have blown the whites !!! Might zero in on the eye and darken slightly .. eye ball on these always looks funny !! Excellent capture !!!

Gus Cobos
11-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Hi Gary,
This is one sweet image and capture, I love the quality and color of the water...agree on the eye fix...good show...keep them coming...:cool:

David Thomasson
11-14-2009, 09:43 PM
Besides the sharpness of the reflection, I like the bow wave and the calm "coming at you" eye contact.

Suggestions: Dial back the blue/cyan cast that's overall but mainly evident in the brown of the plumage, crank the plumage up a notch, and add a little
more water below the reflection. Great capture!

Animated gif ...

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/5424/scaup.gif

Lance Peters
11-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Hi Gary - love the low angle and the strong reflection - Davids repost is a improvement although a little bright for my own personal tastes.
GOod show :)

Randy Stout
11-15-2009, 06:57 AM
Gary;

The smooth bow wake is nice, as mentioned.
Another vote for bit more room beneath the reflection. Even reflections can look be crowded in the frame!

Somewhere between your original exposure and David's would work best for me.

Cheers

Randy

Randy Stout
11-15-2009, 07:08 AM
Gary:

My take on the exposure. I brought it up .30 stop in ACR and adjusted the white point in PS. Pretty subtle, but how I remember the bird. I didn't add the canvas, but do think David is right.

Randy

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
11-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Very nice, love the sharpness, the details in brown feathers, the wave and the droplets around the bird. For me I like the original crop, with more room at the bottom somehow it makes me feel that the reflection is the main subject. I like how David bring out more feather details.