PDA

View Full Version : Arches Panoramic

Howard Burkert
02-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Image was created January, in Arches National Park. This sunset was photographed with a Linholf 4 X 5 view camera and a 90mm lens. On Provia 100F film. Exposure information was not recorded. The 4 X 5 transperency was converted to a digital file via a high res drum scan. The digital file yeileds a flawless 60" print.

Alfred Forns
02-14-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm having a sensory overload here Howard !!!! Just beautiful The tonality from these large formats are envious Love the careful framing and light play ..... sure miss my Master Technika !!!! Big Congrats !!!!

Robert Amoruso
02-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Excellent work on the scanning and the image looks great. Nice subtle colors that remind you its winter and the reds of the rocks just right.

Thanks for posting a pano. It was getting lonely here.

Howard Burkert
02-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the comments. When on a road trip I will throw in the 4X5 pack. If I see something special is going to happen , I will pull it out. But it's really hard, to try and use 2 systems. So my 4X5 work is getting less and less. I must confess, I love the instant feed back of digital!
Best,
Howard

Michael Pancier
02-19-2008, 01:14 PM
wow. that is stunning. love the pinks on this shot. Film isn't dead yet.

Robert O'Toole
02-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Very beautiful image Howard, superb light.

Is it just me or is the horix leaning to the right? Do you use a leveling head or do you level the tripod, I know is not handheld!

Robert

Howard Burkert
02-22-2008, 01:35 PM
Hi Robert, Thanks for your comments on my arches panoramic. As for being level, the Linholf master tech has a leveling bubble built into the body, and is part of my methodical setup when using the camera. It has to be an illusion.
Best,
Howard

Robert O'Toole
02-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Hi Robert, Thanks for your comments on my arches panoramic. As for being level, the Linholf master tech has a leveling bubble built into the body, and is part of my methodical setup when using the camera. It has to be an illusion.
Best,
Howard

Thanks howard I had a suspicsion that was the case but thought I should mention it anyway.

Robert

Bob Ettinger
02-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Great colors, composition and the layers. The detail of that 4x5 is incredible.