PDA

View Full Version : Horde of Acorns

Christopher Miller
11-13-2009, 09:21 PM
This is another of my arranged acorn comps. I don't usually use a very obvious vignette on my color photos, but in this case I liked how the heavier vignette framed the acorns. Any C&C are welcome!

Olympus SP-550 UZ
f8.0 @ 1/30, ISO 200, -0.7 EV
Aperture priority mode, pattern metering, cloudy WB
Processed in PS CS2; cropped, curves adjustment, two luminosity masks, burned the LRC a little, and cloned out two bright spots on the leaf

Chris Starbuck
11-13-2009, 11:14 PM
Christopher,
A nice composition, rich color, and good textures. The darkening along the right and bottom edges could use a bit more feathering/blending to make it less obvious, but otherwise the degree of vignetting looks good to me.

Julie Kenward
11-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Another nicely composed image, Christopher. It's very close to feeling too tight to me but is still nice to look at. If it were mine, I might have taken out 2-3 of the acorns to leave a little more room around the edges of the frame. Still, another lovely image from you. Maybe a touch more sharpening? Some of the photo feels a tiny bit soft.

Charles Wesley
11-14-2009, 10:46 AM
Christopher,

Wonderful coloration on this one. I like the compositon also. Tried my hand on sharpening. Hope you don't mind. Let me know what you think...

Christopher Miller
11-14-2009, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the helpful comments, much appreciated! Julie, I've got extra room all around on the original, so adding a little more room is no problem. Thanks, Charles, for the repost. The extra sharpening looks good, though maybe a tad too much for my taste. I'll try to post a repost this evening incorporating all your suggestions.

Charles Wesley
11-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Christopher,

Sorry if I overshot the sharpening effect. It was not my intention. Really impressed with your photographic techniques. Keep em coming...

Christopher Miller
11-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Okay, here's a repost with a bit more room all around and some more sharpening. I also tried to blend the vignette a bit more on the left side. Let me know what you think!

Anita Bower
11-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Nicely arranged. Beautiful, warm tones I like the contrast of various textures. I really can't tell much difference between your first and last post re. size--either works for me.