PDA

View Full Version : California Condor

Brian Lowe
01-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Here is my first bird post on BPN a California Condor taken at the San Diego Wild Animal Park. I was amazed how larger these birds really are.

Enjoy,
Brian

Jim Neiger
01-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Welcome Brian,

You've chosen a very cool bird for your first post. I have never seen one of these captive or otherwise, but I would love to be able to phoptograph them someday. I like the way the bird is looking your way and the drip of water falling from it's bill. The light angle is less than ideal leaving it's forehead and eye in shadow. I think a nmore direct light angle would have improved the image. I also think the shadow running thru the bg is distracting, but I like how the bg is completly oof. A little more room at the bottom would have avoided cutting of the neck feathers near the bottom of the image.

Lana Hays
01-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Welcome, Brian
Wow.....I'd love to see one of these magnificient birds as well. I think Jim has given excellent advice. Getting that close and catching the droplet of water are very nice. It certainly an unusual looking bird so the portrait approach add to the interest. I noticed that you didn't post any techs with the image. In this case it was pretty straightforward to critique but sometimes the techs can give more insight into the image.

Alfred Forns
01-02-2008, 07:29 PM
I like it Brian, Good points and certainly agree Would also consider cropping a little different with more room in front of the bird !!!

Ian McHenry
01-13-2008, 12:44 AM
Beautiful pose and detail.
If this is a cropped image I would love to see a slightly less tight image with more room at the front and the underside.