PDA

View Full Version : The Majestic Eagle

Jay Gould
11-13-2009, 05:18 AM
Another keeper - at least for me - from Day #1 with Jim Neiger. This was made one second after the image I posted in ETL (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/newthread.php?do=postthread&f=7); I prefer the stretched wings - you?

Camera: 50D
Capture date/time: 28 Sep 09; mid-day
Light condition: sunny & clear
Lens: 300 f/2.8
Focal length: 420mm
Extender: 1.4X
Tube: none
Flash/Comp: no;
ISO: 500
Exp Prog: Manual
Speed: 1/3200 sec
Aperture: f/5
Exp Comp: 0
Metering: Evaluative
WB: Auto
AF Drive: AI Servo
Tripod: no
Filter: None
Crop: 50%

All C&Cs gratefully appreciated!

Rohan Kamath
11-13-2009, 05:46 AM
the light here is awesome...nicely exposed... if mine, i'd add some space in front of the bird rather than behind...

-Cheers,
Rohan

Harshad Barve
11-13-2009, 06:14 AM
Jay , looks like you had some great time with Jim
Lovely image , nice wing pose and eye contact
TFS

Duane Noblick
11-13-2009, 08:58 AM
The image seems a bit "warm" and I see some noise on the underside of the wing. I think you did well considering the afternoon lighting conditions.

Steve Patterson
11-13-2009, 09:05 AM
Nice pose on this one. I also think it is too warm, even for afternoon light. If you used RAW you might want to cool down the white balance a little.

Marina Scarr
11-13-2009, 10:38 AM
I checked your picture out in ETL. I do like that wing position better but they are both nice shots. Agree on the warmth here. One of the ways you can tell is by noting that the white feathers on the head appear yellow here. Even very early morning or late afternoon light would probably not render white this yellow.

Glad you enjoyed your IPT with Jim.

Danny J Brown
11-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Hi Jay: Looks like your 7D is getting a heck of a workout. This image has the potential to be a real beauty if you tone that yellow down on the whites. As above, if you have any room left on the right, that would be great as well. Would love to see it again with the changes. Thanks.

Kiran Poonacha
11-14-2009, 01:02 AM
killer one jay, nice pose, light and details..