PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Unknown Flower

Mike Tracy
11-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Posting this hoping to find a I.D. as I happened to notice by chance this weeks theme and thought one of you flower experts might know what it is.

It was from a plant that was growing within one of my large stag horn ferns. I can't I.D. the plant or the flower. The flower bloomed one day, never opened and then died. A little smaller then actual size.

Used a black shirt as the background.

Not sure if this falls within the theme so move or delete as necessary.

Thanks.

Desmond Chan
11-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Very good details, sharpness and colors ! It may be a tiny tad too bright though :) A good one nonetheless !!

Ronald Rytter
11-13-2009, 10:58 AM
The flower is known as "queen of the night". It blooms only at night and the picture is the bud. It is a beatiful flower.

http://ronr.zenfolio.com/img/v7/p97678775-3.jpg

Roman Kurywczak
11-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Hey Mike.....nice bud!....but oh man....a night bloomer! Keep that in mind because this is one stellar flower!

Julie Kenward
11-13-2009, 07:08 PM
I really like the flower, Mike - and love the opposing black BG as well. I just wish it wasn't quite so vertical in the frame. Would love to have seen a more diagonal position. I'd also consider taking a bit off the bottom as it feels like it has a bit too much negative space on that end of the frame.

Great color and details - it doesn't feel too bright to me. I would love to see it opened up!

Adrian David
11-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Nice bud with nice colors. The black BG works very well here.