PDA

View Full Version : Fluff

Anita Bower
11-12-2009, 06:30 PM
This is the fluff that holds the seeds of this unidentified plant. Taken a few days ago in meadow behind my house.

Nikon D300, Sigma 105mm macro, f4.8 (relative), 1/160, ISO 100, pattern metering, manual exposure, manual focus (Live View); tripod (always). RAW conversion in Elements 7 along with accented edges filter, pp in PS7. Cropped some.

Katherine Enns
11-12-2009, 08:39 PM
I love the soft feel of this photograph (of something in the aster family) and the colors are very soothing. I am not too comfortable providing suggestions, but I think it needs a bit of room to the southwest, but on the other hand its very nice the way it is, too.

Ramesh Adkoli
11-13-2009, 09:54 AM
Anita, i like the soft feel of this image too. However, OOF petals(?) and bright spots in BG are competing for attention. Toning them down a bit might help bring back the attention to the fluff. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Anita Bower
11-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Anita, i like the soft feel of this image too. However, OOF petals(?) and bright spots in BG are competing for attention. Toning them down a bit might help bring back the attention to the fluff. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Thanks for the suggestion. Is this darkened enough?

Anita Bower
11-13-2009, 01:43 PM
I love the soft feel of this photograph (of something in the aster family) and the colors are very soothing. I am not too comfortable providing suggestions, but I think it needs a bit of room to the southwest, but on the other hand its very nice the way it is, too.
I'm glad you provided a suggestion--that is the goal of these forums and it helps us improve as photographers. I will experiment with a bit more space lower left, and will await the opinion of others.

denise ippolito
11-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Beautiful soft, lovely image Anita. I really like the composition and the repost looks great. Very nice color tones.

Ramesh Adkoli
11-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Yes, Anitha. The repost looks great. Thanks.

regards,
ramesh

Julie Kenward
11-13-2009, 07:15 PM
It does feel a little close to the bottom of the frame and, if left here, I'd cut a bit off the east end of the frame. :D

That said...wow. The center of that flower is dead on for focus and the soft blurriness of the BG is to die for. Love the repost - it does soften the image even more. If you'll excuse an old line from Saturday Night Live, "It's buttah."

Soft and creamy...I could stare at it all day.

Charles Wesley
11-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Anita,

I like both of these images. Oh I love the soft, creamy flow you have delivered here. Keep it up so I learn to go there with you. Love that Sigma macro lens.

Thanks for sharing...

Christopher Miller
11-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Very nice, Anita! Has almost a sepia tone to it which I really like(not surprising considering all the sepia work I do :D). Love the soft feel and excellent composition. Repost looks great.