PDA

View Full Version : Sun & Smoke!

Ramesh Adkoli
11-12-2009, 04:52 AM
The early morning sun as seen through tall grass at Lalbhag, Bangalore. I liked the way it gives the feel of smoke. It had minimal PP: cloned a small branch on top left and pulled black a bit in Levels. That's it! Appreciate your views and comments.

D700, 70-200mm @ 200mm, f2.8, 1/2000s, ISO 200, hand held, full frame

regards,
ramesh

Roman Kurywczak
11-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Hi Ramesh,
You have a very good eye for these moody images! I like where you placed the sun and the soft grasses offer an unusual perspective. Can you bring out a bit more depth to the treeline just below the sun? Making the line even faintly pronounced will help the overall composition by adding another subtle layer of depth. You may have lost this in the jpeg compression....so just keep that in mind also. I like the abstact look and mood here and very unusual presentation!

Robert Amoruso
11-12-2009, 01:15 PM
I agree with Roman on this one Ramesh, nicely seen and executed.

Dave Mills
11-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Hi Ramesh, Agree on an unusual presentation with a hazy,smokey look along with a sepia tone that adds to the overall. I like the fact your willing to experiment with new ideas...

Nick Palmieri
11-13-2009, 08:13 AM
Like the overall feel of this image.

Ramesh Adkoli
11-13-2009, 08:38 AM
Thanks a lot, Roman, Robert, Dave and Nick for your kind words. I really appreciate that. Roman, i tried your suggestion to add some depth to the treeline. It was a tiny adjustment as i noticed adding more affected the feel of the image. Let me know how this one is.

john jackson
11-13-2009, 10:20 AM
I like this very much. It is a graphic image that you could process any number of ways and each time come up with a different and pleasing effect. Have you tried different colours? I could see this being effective in yellow, red or even blue tint.

Roman Kurywczak
11-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi Ramesh,
Tough to tell the diffference but I do agree with John....many possible ways to go with this!

Sabyasachi Patra
11-15-2009, 11:28 AM
Ramesh,
Lovely image. I like the abstract creation. Well visualised. I guess the difference between the original post and the repost is subtle as it is hardly noticeable. Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Ramesh Adkoli
11-15-2009, 10:23 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2578/4098003336_4a4c395564_o.jpg

Thanks, John, Roman and Sabyasachi. Agree, John. Graphic nature of this image lends itself to be rendered in many way. I didn't try different colors but tried adding some noise. Here it is. I liked this as well.

Roman, and Sabya, the difference between the OP and repost is noticeable by toggling between the two and in isolation, it isn't;-(

regards,
ramesh