PDA

View Full Version : Tough Exposure(C) Barn Owl

Joe Senzatimore
11-11-2009, 06:06 PM
This is the image I tried to post yesterday and for some strange reason had a problem. At any rate it was a tough bird to expose for. I suppose the light was a bit harsh for a bird with this much white but I didn't want to pass up the opportunity. I did some work in post to try and save it. I was happy with the results and would be interested in others thoughts on the image.
Thanks to Axel for your help in re-posting.

400 ISO F8 at 1/800th

denise ippolito
11-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Looks like a Zorro pose! Fantastic BG colors. I think you did a great job in the presentation of this. Whites have plenty of detail and you really toned down the harshness well IMO.

Dave Leroy
11-11-2009, 06:32 PM
I am certainly not the greatest at pp'n but this looks very well done to me. Nice pose and really nice colours, including bg.
Dave

Juan Carlos Vindas
11-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Harsh light?

I actually see a lovely light in this one. The back view of this owl is great. Love the BG too. If mine, I would move the bird more to the right. Congrats on a fine image.

Steve Patterson
11-11-2009, 07:48 PM
I think this is a beautiful photo. The pose and the colors, as others have said, are just great. The bird is maybe a little too centered in the frame, but that is minor. Very nice image, IMO. They are such cool looking birds.................

Randy Stout
11-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Joe:

You did a great job with the light, as the shadows are soft, good detail in whites and blacks(stump).
Nice pose, pleasant background. I do agree just a sliver more room on the left, but very close as is.

One of my favorite birds.

Cheers

Randy

Rohan Kamath
11-11-2009, 10:48 PM
its always difficult to shoot white birds in harsh light...this is very nicely done as plenty of details are visible...the pose is really great too...

-Cheers,
Rohan

Kiran Poonacha
11-12-2009, 05:20 AM
just wished the tial was more sharper, still loved the head turn, good pose and lovely Bg, just a wee bit more room at the bottom would help.. still loved this congrats..

Narayan Pai
11-12-2009, 07:31 AM
great capture and details considering the harsh light .

Axel Hildebrandt
11-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Good-looking specimen, light, pose and BG. If it were mine I would crop a bit off the right, add some at the bottom and tone down the whites.

Glenda Simmons
11-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Agree with what most were posting...just want to add my Congrats on a fine image!

Danny Laredo
11-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Fantastic image. Love the over the shoulder look and detail you got here.