View Full Version : Migrating Monarch

john crookes
02-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Taking in the Hills of Vermont in October of 2007
Nikon D2x with 70-200mm at f4.0 and 200mm iso 400 and 1/125th shutter

hope he or she made it as it was getting late for the season

Alfred Forns
02-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Love it John !!!!! Excellent feel and all so crisp Would have liked a smaller opening for more dof I know the bg would not be as nice but you can always blur it a bit !!! Do like this image very much !!!! Big Congrats !!!

Robert O'Toole
02-14-2008, 10:29 PM
I like it John, the colors and the smooth soft light look great and really eye pleasing.
2 things would really go a long way to make the image even better to my eyes. More of the clipped blossom leaves and more USM on the butterfly.

Thanks for sharing.

Robert

Jeroen Stel
02-15-2008, 02:51 AM
Hi John,

As i do agree with the two other moderators on getting higher DOF for this type of images i think it would have been hard in this case as i allready see some movement unsharpness in the BF's wings.
I can not see wether this was taken from a tripod but perhaps using one would allow you to get some more DOF.

I like the setting and the crop you have chosen for this one!

Well done!

Greetings,

Jeroen Stel

intoit
02-15-2008, 08:41 AM
I love that you caught him on a clover flower. The leaves, though cut off provide a nice entry from the corner. The light and colours are great but I'll have to go along with a wider dof for just a bit more detail on the wing. Beautiful image none the less and very pleasing to view!