PDA

View Full Version : A time for rememberance

Mark Fuge
11-11-2009, 06:55 AM
Today is a day of rememberance and thanks for those who gave on our behalf.

denise ippolito
11-11-2009, 07:42 AM
Mark, Happy Veteran's Day. Nice application. I wish the image was larger so I could see all of what is going on there. But I get the idea. Nice work.

Harshad Barve
11-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Mark
fitting image , would love to see it bigger
TFS

Dave Phillips
11-11-2009, 08:21 AM
deep thought provoking rendering Mark......I like this one sir, especially the transparency
giving a fading effect around the names

Mark Fuge
11-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Mark fitting image , would love to see it bigger TFS

Thanks for viewing and comment Harshad. I too wanted it bigger, but continued to get bumped off until I got down to this size. Didn't think there was that much done, but the file was still too big even though I did all to compress and reduce it. :confused: Just one of the joys of the board. Wish I could accomodate. :eek: :(

Mark Fuge
11-11-2009, 01:35 PM
deep thought provoking rendering Mark......I like this one sir, especially the transparency giving a fading effect around the names

Thanks for viewing and comment, Dave. That is what caught my vision as well and gave me the basis of the text below the image.

Mark Fuge
11-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Mark, Happy Veteran's Day. Nice application. I wish the image was larger so I could see all of what is going on there. But I get the idea. Nice work.

Thanks for viewing and comment, Denise. Appreciate it.

As noted above, I wish it were larger as well and don't know why it was that large a file. But them's life's joys. When you have something to show, life gets in the way. :(

One option for you and Harshad is to copy to a screen and pull on the corner. I don't think it will degrade that much in doing so. It is better than it looks ... if I do say so myself.

Indranil Sircar
11-11-2009, 08:09 PM
This is indeed thought provoking and time for remembrance. Excellent rendering. Great colors and love the transparent effect.

I am wondering on the size issue... I typically use save for web. Change the width or height to 800 and then optimize to file size 200kb or slightly less using the optimize menu. It will automatically adjust the image quality but keep the image to 800px.

Cheryl Slechta
11-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Mark, a wonderful image and the thought behind it.

Mark Fuge
11-11-2009, 11:34 PM
One more try! ... Tried something different and for some reason it appears to be better. Hope you agree. Sorry it is late, but it is still applicable any day.

Forgot to mention that this is the wall of names from the USS Arizona, in Pearl Harbor.

Mark Fuge
11-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Thanks Indranil and Cheryl for viewing and comments.

I think I did something like you mentioned, but there was no slider to adjust. I have PS4 in the CS4 pack.

Harshad Barve
11-11-2009, 11:39 PM
No one can forget to those who gave up on our behalf
As I said earlier , Fitting image and bigger size looks better
TFS

Mark Fuge
11-12-2009, 07:52 AM
Thanks Harshad. Appreciate it.