PDA

View Full Version : White-browed Woodswallow

Rob Drummond
11-11-2009, 04:28 AM
The flower spikes of Austral Grass-trees, which can extend up to 2m above the plant, provide both nectar for some species and a convenient perch for others. This male WBSW was taking advantage of the former. WBWS are spring/summer migrants to southern Australia where they arrive in large noisy flocks and nest in loose colonies.

1D2n 500/f4 1.4X
ISO 400 f/9 1/640 exp comp -2/3

cheers
Rob

Clement Francis
11-11-2009, 04:53 AM
My Word, what a gorgeous looking species. AMazing perch and BG and great clarity on the subject

Harshad Barve
11-11-2009, 05:20 AM
Hi Rob
You always come up with great shots , what a gorgeous species and amazing BG/Perch
I liked every pixel of this image
TFS

Daniel Cadieux
11-11-2009, 06:13 AM
A beauty of a bird! Amazing details and great pose by your subject. The perch is attractive, although a little wide IMO. I really love how you captured the scaled look to the primaries, very cool :-)

Kiran Poonacha
11-11-2009, 06:47 AM
Great looking Bird this, beautiful perch, details, perch and compo.. congrats..

Phil Ertel
11-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi Rob, I like this image very much. That is one interesting perch that I find pleasing. I think the head angle is good and I really like the view of the folded wings. I like the simple background as it shows the bird off nicely. Thanks for sharing.

Arthur Morris
11-11-2009, 07:40 PM
I am sitting with in my living room with Alan Murphy and after looking at this image we both marveled at how digital has impacted bird photography, how great it is to sit here and look at this gorgeous bird from the other side of the world, and at how talented so many folks have become so quickly. Thanks Rob for sharing this unique gem. I love the perfect HA and EXP. You might consider messing around with the large greyish blob in front of the bird.

Caroline Darmo
11-13-2009, 12:38 AM
Hi Rob,
You have a beautiful bird on a gorgeous perch. I love the feather details and the perfect head angle. I'm a little surprised that this one didn't get more comments. Beautiful image.