PDA

View Full Version : Accepting the gift

Dave Barnes
11-11-2009, 03:58 AM
A follow up to yesterday,s post, although this image was captured 30 minutes prior to the previous image.;)
Camera Model Canon EOS-1D Mark III
Lens EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/1600
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
Exposure Compensation +2/3
ISO Speed 400

Kiran Poonacha
11-11-2009, 04:19 AM
great interaction, lovely light, nice details.. congrats.

Tony Whitehead
11-11-2009, 04:30 AM
Lovely moment captured, Dave. Nice light and poses - eye contact from both birds. May crop a smidge from the left. Assuming this is full frame - may have been an option to try without the 1.4x to give more space for nest and virtual legs and leave more cropping options.

Harshad Barve
11-11-2009, 05:18 AM
Beautiful image , lovely interaction and spot on techs
TFS

Stu Bowie
11-11-2009, 05:36 AM
Dave, LC Herons doing their bit. I like how both beaks are holding onto the same branch. Good detail from the underwing, and Im glad we can see more of the chick.

Dave Barnes
11-11-2009, 05:50 AM
Thanks Kiran, Tony, Harshad and stuart for looking and for comments.
Tony this was taken from a slightly different position. I was standing further to the left to capture a better flight angle with the previous image. I did crop a bit off the bottom and right here for composition. The female was in the centre of the frame and I may have misjudged the virtual legs, looking at it again it is possible that the closer leg goes lower than the top of the nest. I will look at it again a bit later.

David Hemmings
11-11-2009, 10:33 AM
This is fantastic, I cant find a single nit, beautiful photo!

Ben Egbert
11-11-2009, 10:46 AM
This is a gorgeous image, I love these behavior shots during mating. Good eye contact both birds, especially hard since one is standing away from the camera. The nest is all in focus, or close enough not to distract. Sharp birds with great light.

I am seeing patches of pure white on the cheeks and neck, but this could be a bright monitor or lousy eyesight. I offer that more as a point of reference. If nobody else sees it, ignore me. When this happens to me, I add some contrast in the white areas.

Dave Barnes
11-11-2009, 11:55 PM
Thanks to all for looking and for comments, they are all appreciated.
Ben I have checked the white on the cheeks and can confirm that they are not clipped, but I like your idea of adding contrast, I will try it.