PDA

View Full Version : Artsy Grass Leaf Dew Drop.....

Charles Wesley
11-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Here's another in a series of dew drops taken some time ago. I was in the Blue Ridge Mountains when I discovered dew drops in the grass. I spent about thirty minutes with my Swiss Army knife trimming a minature landscape on my hands & knees.

Nikon F5, Nikkor 105 mm f/2.8 macro lens, 1.6 AF tele extender, Fuji Velvia and Bogen tripod. Not sure on the exposure but I was stopped down to somewhere between f/8- f/11. I used my PhotoFlex minature gold reflector to warm things up.

Hope its not too artsy...
FocalBlade

Mike Fuhr
11-11-2009, 07:15 AM
I really like this one a lot. The background is wonderful, and like the blade at an angle as presented. Not too artsy for me!

Dave Leroy
11-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Boy! This is a dandy. I really like the opposing diagonal lines, some oof in bg and others in fg going other way. Nice colours also. Dave

Julie Kenward
11-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Love the composition on this one Charlie! Beautiful color palette as well. I am tempted to tell you to take out the yellow reflective mark in the dew drop but I can't be sure without seeing it gone. Lovely image - a perfect choice for a conversion to a painted effect if you have the time and inclination.

Mike Moats
11-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Hey Charles, I like everything about, but I would clone out the gold line in the dew drop. Good details and DOF. Colors are nice.

Charles Wesley
11-12-2009, 06:15 AM
Jules & Mike,

Here's a re- post. Let me know what you think. I appreciate your critique.
It takes alot of work and self critique to produce mini landscapes IMO.

Anita Bower
11-12-2009, 06:49 PM
I like this a lot! Just lovely. Great mini-landscaping work! :D Love those angled lines--most of them going one way with the central one going the other. Beautiful colors. The water drop makes it special. I think I prefer the one without the yellow in the drop, though I had to go back and forth. Lovely work!

Charles Wesley
11-16-2009, 06:39 PM
Anita,

Thanks for your kind comments. It means so much coming from you.