PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Drifting Petunia

Dave Woeller
11-10-2009, 07:19 PM
I thought I'd give the flower theme a try, so I took this petunia image (to which I had added a flood filter) into PS. I then duplicated the base layer twice. On the top Layer I used simplify to create the edges and output only the edges channel. Back in PS I reduced the opacity of the edges layer enough to put a touch of color into the flower. Sent that image back to Lightroom where I added a slight vignette to soften around the corners. Whew, Fun project. Not sure if a border would help this online or not. All thoughts are greatly appreciated.

denise ippolito
11-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Dave, It's beautiful. Nice workflow and thankyou for sharing it. The colors and the edges look fantastic. Nice idea to use the flood. I think because it is so white I might be tempted to use a border as you suggest-but just a very very thin one. VWD.

Charles Wesley
11-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Dave,

Great work on a most graphic image. Like the refection areas and overall color effect.
Thanks for sharing...

Cheryl Slechta
11-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Dave, I really like the flood filter. It's a very interesting image. I do agree a frame would set it off nicely:)

Christopher Miller
11-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Hi Dave, Great colors and high-key look. The reflection and effects are perfect. Agree that a thin border would set it off nicely.

Harshad Barve
11-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Super duper hit
Lovely feel of image and amazing colors
TFS

Dave Woeller
11-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's good to be back here to soak up the inspiration. I'll try a quick 5 pixel border to see how well it shows up on screen.

denise ippolito
11-11-2009, 08:53 AM
Dave, I would just use the border for web presentation- Good to have you back!

Dave Woeller
11-11-2009, 08:56 AM
I agree on the "only for web", and thanks for the welcome.