PDA

View Full Version : Balancing Act

Mike Fuhr
11-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Hi everyone. We still have some warm temps here and some of the animals that go with it. I found this little guy in my backyard last weekend. He turned out to be quite cooperative. Shot this before he moved on to a place a bit less exposed. Exported this to JPG and added sharpening -- what a difference this made (compared to simple export and sharpening of RAW image), especially considering slow shutter speed and his breathing which blurred his body a bit...

C and C welcome

Nikon D300
100-300 F/4
F/8 (-.67)
1/100
ISO 400
Induro tripod

Christopher Miller
11-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Excellent composition and BG, Mike. Nice, sharp details. Well done!

Charles Wesley
11-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Mike,

He's so cute. You should have warned everyone.
Thanks for sharing...

Dave Leroy
11-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Good for you to catch the little guy out in the open. It certainly looks nice and sharp and as well as a nice ha. It looks pretty relaxed about the balancing act. Dave

Julie Kenward
11-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Nice angle, Mike! I can't think of a single reason to leave the red stem in the photo - it certainly isn't adding anything to the image. I used the eyedropper tool to sample the area near the stem and then painted over it with the brush tool. The rest without the red stem is perfectly placed in the frame and makes for a really nice ROT's composition.

Love the way he's looking at you...good eye contact even though he's facing away. I see what you mean about the blurriness on his back - if you really look you can see it's not quite as sharp but that pattern on his skin really hides it well.

Mike Fuhr
11-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Jules -- I thought you would see that leaf stem and feel that way!! I thought the same thing. And the more I stared at it, the more it looked like a weird angle on his leg. I like your PS work once again! Too cool.

Charles -- we'll have t work on a cute alert! :)

Anita Bower
11-12-2009, 06:44 PM
I like Jules' version much better. Cute little guy! I like the composition, the angle of the stem he's on, and how well he stands out from the BG.