PDA

View Full Version : The three stooges on thornes

ramesh anantharaman
11-10-2009, 10:19 AM
equipment:

canon eos 40D; 500mm, f/4, 1.4x t.c.

properties:

700mm, f/7.1, 1/200 sec, iso-200

Caught these guys basking in the morning golden light. but was surprised to see them so comfortable in this spiny plant

Robert Amoruso
11-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Ramesh,

You certainly had some nice light and got all of them looking at you. Assuming this would be possible, moving left may have helped strengthen the image. I suggest this to eliminate the larger OOF branches on the left that catch the eye. The animal on the left has one of the thorns merging with the eye. The face of the one on the right is partially obscured.

From a strategic perspective, assuming a wary species, you make the image you can and then try to improve it without needlessly stressing your subject. So if possible, I would have made this image and then moved left and tightened the composition on the three animals. The one in the middle is particularly free of the thorns so a closeup there was another possibility.

What is the species Ramesh? Thanks for posting.

David Fletcher
11-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Interesting poses caught Ramesh. Great light on these. Agree with Robert's suggestions but understand that may not have been a possibility.

Clement Francis
11-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Hello Robert, this is the Indian Gray Mongoose or Common Grey Mongoose (Herpestes edwardsii)

Harshad Barve
11-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Very interesting image , nice pose by three and expo here
TFS

Sabyasachi Patra
11-11-2009, 04:17 AM
This is nice. It is good that there is eye contact with all three. I agree that moving slightly to the left would have been better. It would also have enhanced the eye contact with the mongoose on the extreme right. A tighter crop would be nice.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Judy Lynn Malloch
11-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Wonderful composition and you did well to get them all looking at you. Agree with /robert's suggestion but still an awesome capture. Thanks for sharing.