PDA

View Full Version : Lizard in Breeding Colors

Jim Poor
02-14-2008, 01:42 PM
I had the pleasure of observing this guy and lots of others in Garden Canyon on Ft Huachuca, AZ back 2004.

This is rotated 90 degrees as he was going up a tree not along one that had fallen, but I like it better this way for some reason. Since I even less idea then about what I was doing, I had to do a lot of work on this. A good bit of the scales on his back have been either reconstructed or repaired as there were a LOT of completely blown highlights.

The odd 3D look of the foot though, is in the original file, Can't figure that one out.

Since this was made with a 500mm Mirror Reflex Lens, there were a bunch of annoying little oof donut highlights in the BG. I tried to tone them down with some blurring and a bit of levels.

D2H
500 f8 Mirror lens
1/80 @ f8
Date: 6/16/04
Time: 16:18:24

Robert Amoruso
02-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Jim,

I like the red eye and sharp focus on it and the weird colors on him are cool. I recroped it below to focus more on the creature and not the FG & BG. Colors may look different as the grid sometimes messes up the color space when using it this way. If you went this way, clone out the green blob in the upper left.

Jim Poor
02-14-2008, 07:27 PM
I like it. Thanks.

I figured out how to get the grid in Lightroom (the "R" key in the develop module) but don't know how to make it stay with the image.

Steve Canuel
02-14-2008, 11:28 PM
Hi Jim,
I like the red eye (nice and sharp) and the electric blue colors. You did a good job on reconstructing scales. As you pointed out, there's some funky stuff going on with the front leg.
Steve

Howard Burkert
02-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Yes, I really like the cropped version. Good job on the art work.
Best,
Howard