PDA

View Full Version : Brown-throated Sunbird

Graeme Sheppard
11-10-2009, 07:53 AM
http://gjsheppard.wordpress.com/files/2009/11/24-suan-luang-sunbird-brown-throated-2.jpg
This sunbird was certainly enjoying feeding time and seemed quite oblivious to us. He jumped around from flower to flower, enjoying the feast provided. His partner followed soon after, then they flew off together, probably off to another feeding ground.

Canon 450D, 400mm f5.6
ISO 400, 1/100s, Tripod
Cropped to about 1/2 vertically

I'm learning a lot here, all C&C very much wanted.

denise ippolito
11-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Graeme, Very nice species.I am not familiar with. Details and colors look good. I may have set this up as a horizontal and included some of the interesting foliage on the right and cropped a bit off the top. It looks like it has some BG noise. Very nicely captured and the feeding pose is nice.

Kiran Poonacha
11-10-2009, 08:37 AM
we have a similar guy here, nice colours, details and the feed pose adds well.. congrats..

Graeme Sheppard
11-10-2009, 09:23 AM
... I may have set this up as a horizontal and included some of the interesting foliage on the right and cropped a bit off the top. ...

http://gjsheppard.wordpress.com/files/2009/11/24-suan-luang-sunbird-brown-throated-3.jpg

Thanks for the thoughts, both of you. Here's what I have on the immediate right - there's also one more larger flower even further away.

Harshad Barve
11-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Beautiful bird , lovely pose and killer BG , NR on BG should help
TFS

Greg Basco
11-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Graeme, cool shot. I like the original composition better. By the way, that's a flower in the genus Costus that the bird is feeding on. It's native to my neck of the woods (Costa Rica) but looks like it works in the Old World tropics as well!

Cheers,
Greg Basco

Xavier Maessen
11-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Very nice composition and what a nice combination of colours! The only thing that bothers me is the distracting background flower behind the head of the sunbird... I guess taking the shot from a position slightly lower and/or more to the right could have avoided that. Nice shot.

Xavier

Suzanne Huot
11-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Amazing combination of colours captured in this beautiful detailed image ,lots of eye appeal