PDA

View Full Version : Mushroom

Chris Hansen
11-09-2009, 07:44 PM
With the winter rains come the mushrooms. Soon the mushroom buyers will set up shop and people will be all over the woods gathering them. The mushroom buyers Fed Ex them to San Francisco where the vast majority are air shipped to Japan and the rest go to market in san Francisco.

Canon 50D
90mm Macro
ISO 100
F 22 @ .4 sec.

All CC appreciated.

God bless,

chris

Dave Leroy
11-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Good looking mushroom Chris. I like it. I just wonder if there is a way to brighten up the stem a bit and bring out those lovely colours. I really like the cap. I was also going to suggest you may want to remove the little white thing in llc, but I did a double take. Neat. Good idea. I like that too. Dave

Julie Kenward
11-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Chris, I have to hand it to you - this may be the cleanest mushroom image we've ever had in the macro forum! The landscape is very natural but beautifully groomed and missing all the usual distractions. Nice angle on the mushroom and beautiful lighting but I, too, would look at giving it maybe a little more pop if you think that might add to the image. As for the comp, I think I'd move it a little closer to the left side of the frame so the cap isn't quite so centered. Thanks for sharing this one!

Mike Moats
11-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Hey Chris, everything looks good to me, nice details, clean BG, the others suggested a little more pop, but I like it as is.

Adrian David
11-12-2009, 02:35 PM
You were very lucky to find such a clean BG around the mushroom...I like the light very much, and the texture of the ground surrounding the mushroom.

caseyargall
11-12-2009, 08:44 PM
even though the mushroom is center frame, i think it works really well here, the simular colours through out also work well,i think the way the mushroom is going to the side and not just straight up ads to the photo. well done!