PDA

View Full Version : Crashing Waves at Cape Kiwanda

Dave Mills
11-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Shot this in Oregon a few years back. The sunlight was in and out and I had to wait for the light and a wave that had enough impact. The rocks were a muddy ocre color.
Converted from slide film so I have no specs

Robert Amoruso
11-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Dave,

I know this probably would have been impossible but if it was, getting the FG rock out-cropping below the BG mountain line would have been better IMO.

Also looks like some additional sharpening is needed.

You definitely wanted the sun on those waves for the drama and you got that. The cold tones of the water dramatically contrast to the warm tones of the rock.

Roman Kurywczak
11-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Hey Dave,
I agree with Robert's assesment on the sharpness and my bet is you would have needed a ladded to avoid the merge....what?....no Home Depot around?:D Laugh all you want but just wait till my next Yellowstone tour and I'm wandering around with a 6' aluminaum ladder!
All kidding aside....You may want to try a bit of color correction too as the water looks a bit off. Nice timing and placement of the crash!....really shows off the power of the Pacific.

Desmond Chan
11-11-2009, 01:06 AM
I agree re sharpness. Like the waves though. It also looks to me some rotation adjustment could be in order.

Trevor Hughes
11-11-2009, 07:50 AM
I agree with the other comments (apart from the rotation, as there's no real horizon). Its a dynamic and well timed shot. Pity about the ladder! :)