PDA

View Full Version : Dreamscape...

Ramesh Adkoli
11-09-2009, 01:18 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3274/4052491418_83a47d7348_o.jpg

This is an image from the western ghats (hills) of India. An early morning image, shot directly into the rising sun. The image as shot had a very narrow DR and had a washed look. I used levels and curves to expand the DR in PP. Was amazed at the result. Looks like a scene out of Narnia or something like that with those mist laden trees. Appreciate your views and comments.

D700, 70-200mm VR + 1.4xTC at 280mmFL, 1/100s, f/18, ISO 200, Hand held, full frame

regards,
ramesh

Roman Kurywczak
11-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Hi Ramesh,
Another fine example of atmosperic layering as the forest fades into the distance.....I may try to bring out the main focal tree and entire main diagonal line a bit more.....and play around bringing up some subtler areas of the forest....but this was well handled and well composed given it is not always the easiest thing to get seperation in an area such as this and you handled that very well. Nice job.

Dave Mills
11-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Hi Ramesh, I like the mood captured along with how you broke up the comp. I also like how the top shows some detail and a gradual fade off. Agree with Roman about bringing up the main diagonal line but very little. Nicely handled!

Robert Amoruso
11-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Ramesh,

The use of the diagonal slopes is well thought out. I would agree with working to bring up the details in the FG darker treeline.

Kaustubh Deshpande
11-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Ramesh...congrats on a great photo. Love the details in all the dark areas. Born and brought up close to the Western ghats. This one makes me very nostalgic.

KD

Ramesh Adkoli
11-10-2009, 10:16 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2741/4092236773_f62a002dea_o.jpg

Thanks, Roman, Dave and Robert for your kind words. Appreciate your views. I opened the LLH corner trees and added a tiny tinge of green in that area. Let me know how this looks.

regards,
ramesh

Dave Mills
11-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Hi Ramesh, The repost works for me! That subtle tweak helped!!

Ramesh Adkoli
11-11-2009, 03:31 AM
Thanks, Dave for affirmation.

Thanks Kaustubh. Check out the other two posts: "Sketch the sky" and "Magic" from this area. Western ghats are definitely amazing. Though i grew up among these hills, i am discovering the beauty of the place only now. Better late than never, isn't it?

regards,
ramesh

Roman Kurywczak
11-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Nice job on the re-post Ramesh! I definitely brought out some more subtle details!

Sabyasachi Patra
11-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Ramesh,
This is lovely. The repost works better. I like the number of layers in the image. Where exactly is this (out of the several thousand sq. kms of western ghats :D ) Its a global biodiversity hotspot. Even now new species are being discovered there. It is good that you have started visiting now. Please keep visiting and sharing the images. It will also serve as documentation of the place.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Ramesh Adkoli
11-15-2009, 10:36 PM
Thanks, Roman and Sabyasachi. Sabya, this place is a small village called Muroor about 10km inside of the Arabian coast line and 210km north of Mangalore. It is in Uttara Kannada dist of Karnataka. Hope that will give you an idea about the location. Now that i have seen the photographic potential of this place, i will continue to visit. I agree, the Western Ghat range is so vast, a lifetime can be spent photographing it.

regards,
ramesh