ice axe, crampons, rope in hand
icy couloirs do demand

burning calves,our spirits buoyed
we climb our way above the void

on the rock, on the ice
the summit icefield now in sight

denise ippolito
11-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Wow! The image is awesome!!! The words fit perfectly and they are so descriptive. I get the feeling you've done this before;) Very nicely done and this should be in print.:)

Fabs Forns
11-08-2009, 08:36 PM
John, I felt every minute of the adventure. Image speaks wonders on how small we are in the big picture and words are very well written.

Julie Kenward
11-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Anybody who can rhyme 'void' with 'buoyed' is a great writer in my book! Wonderful image and the words carried it even further in my mind.

John Ippolito
11-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Denise, Fabs, and Jules, I really appreciate your very kind comments and encouragement!

Lance Warley
11-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Good one John. Like the others mentioned above, I felt I was with you every step of the way.

I went to your site - beautiful stuff. I was in Alaska for a trip in September. What an incredible place. And it looks like you're taking full advantage of it. That's for sure.

John Ippolito
11-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Lance, thanks for the nice comments! Also thanks for taking the time to look in at the website!

I just checked out your website. In your Alaska gallery, you have some beautiful iceberg images, and I particularly like the brown bear and cubs photographed at Chatham Strait. Also, I found some of your Canadian Rockies images stunning(an old climbing stomping ground for me). Very nice.

nzmacro
11-18-2009, 01:40 AM
Magic, shot and words. Impressive take on scale in the image. High impact with the scale.

Danny.