PDA

View Full Version : Local sunset

Trevor Hughes
11-08-2009, 01:07 PM
This is my local loch and I thought I'd post this now that winter is here to remind me of the summer gone by. At least the midges have disappeared for another year! :)
http://www.pbase.com/trevorhughes/image/102231108/original.jpg
EXIF: EOS 1D Mk3 - 16-35L Mk2 @ 16mm - 1/20th sec f/16 PP Photoshop CS3
My apologies for the framing, but this is on my PBase gallery.
C&C very welcome.
Thanks for looking.

Fabs Forns
11-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Hi Trevor. Your name rings a bell for me, have we met at another Forum?

Gorgeous sky and water, wish the mountains were a little darker and sharper.
Where did you focus for this?

Robert Amoruso
11-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Like the contrast between the colder blue tones and the warm tone of the sunset and reflection. Perhaps some more sharpening is needed or just a problem with the PBase linking (don't they resize images).

In any event, nicely done with the few rocks in the FG to add interest.

Dave Mills
11-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Hi Trevor, Well executed comp with a subtle yet important foreground element. Nice glow with an interesting late light sky. The image does appear a bit soft on my screen...

Trevor Hughes
11-09-2009, 03:49 AM
Thank you all for taking the time to comment and for your suggestions.
Fabs - I have belonged to other photo forums, but I can't remember seeing you on them. I appreciate your comment about the hills, funnily enough, I actually lightened them intentionally, as they were in silhouette. I couldn't make my mind up which I preferred!
You are all right, the image does appear a bit soft, but my original Jpg looks fine and I think Robert may be right about PBase. (Well, I would say that, wouldn't I? :D)
Thanks again. :)

Roman Kurywczak
11-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Hi Trevor,
The tones and colors are very nice as are the rocks in the FG as mentioned above. Yes it's a bit soft and that shouldn't be at f16 so quite possibly it is the pbase thing............just another benefit of being a member! All in all nicely composed.

Trevor Hughes
11-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Thank you, Roman. Yes, you're right about membership and I will probably join up shortly. :)

Ed Prete
11-17-2009, 01:33 PM
I really like this image, and actually I like the mood the softness creates. My only recommendation might be to crop slightly off the left to bring the left border closer to the foreground rocks.