PDA

View Full Version : Cottonwood Floater

Mike Fuhr
11-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Was wandering around the woods behind my house. The floating leaves, as always, caught my attention. This one was taken from a bridge over a small creek. I could sit there and wait for the subjects to come to me! C and C welcome.

Nikon D300
100-300 F/4 @ 210mm
1/500
F/5
ISO 200

Dan Brown
11-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Very interesting image! I like the fact that I am having a hard time telling if I am looking down into water or up into sky! Good sharpness and exp creating sort of an illusion.

Dave Leroy
11-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Very nice shot. I really like the placement of the leaf in relation to the lovely bg and light through the water. Well done. Dave

Ramesh Adkoli
11-09-2009, 01:38 AM
Beautiful image, Mike. Simple and elegant composition. Liked that minimalist approach. BG is just fantastic. You might want to even out those bands of darker tone. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Julie Kenward
11-09-2009, 08:53 AM
I'm with you, Mike...I could sit and photograph leaves on water all day long at this time of year. This is very interesting - the light of the water/bg is really neat and helps hold your eye to the leaf. I do wish it was floating INTO the frame and not out of it. One solution might be to crop to a square frame and let the leaf have more positive space. Adding a little canvas on the bottom and left might also be another way to go.