PDA

View Full Version : Eagle + nestbuilding material

Duane Noblick
11-08-2009, 05:18 AM
http://www.pbase.com/duane_va/image/119161833/original.jpg

<TABLE border=1 cellPadding=1 width=450 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Date/Time</TD><TD class=lid>06-Nov-2009 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Make</TD><TD class=lid>Canon</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Model</TD><TD class=lid>Canon EOS 50D</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Flash Used</TD><TD class=lid>No</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Focal Length</TD><TD class=lid>500 mm f/4L</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Exposure Time</TD><TD class=lid>1/1250 sec</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Aperture</TD><TD class=lid>f/4</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>ISO Equivalent</TD><TD class=lid>320</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Exposure Bias</TD><TD class=lid></TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>White Balance</TD><TD class=lid></TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Metering Mode</TD><TD class=lid>multi spot (3)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>JPEG Quality</TD><TD class=lid></TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Exposure Program</TD><TD class=lid>manual</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This is the male Bald Eagle from the nest I follow locally. Quiet morning as both adults were bringing branches back to their nest getting ready for the upcoming nesting season which should start late December. He was back in some woods and all you heard was a "snap" as he broke off the branch. It was a matter of figuring out which trees he was going to come flying out of. Luckily I was ready as he brought the branch back to the nest in front of us.

This is also my first attempt photographing BIF's in manual mode.

I appreciate your input ahead of time critiqueing the image.

Duane

Harshad Barve
11-08-2009, 06:21 AM
Though I wont be able to help you in BIF , I must say quite a impressive shot
expo and compo looks good here and bird is tack sharp
If mine I may pull off saturation on sky here by few points
TFS

Stu Bowie
11-08-2009, 09:05 AM
I like the light, and excellent exposure and detail from the underwings. If it is in your ethics, I would have removed all of the ULC.

Danny J Brown
11-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Hi Duane: Great behavior shot and very sharp. Compostion is well done also. I really like this image. Thank you.

Duane Noblick
11-09-2009, 04:47 AM
Thank you for your crituqes.

Stuart...I usually don't like doing much cloning to my images and in this one I actually feel the ULC helps frame the Eagle on it's approach into the nest. I do have some of it out in the open and some with total vegitation as the BG. So I was fortunate in this series of images. :)

Stu Bowie
11-09-2009, 10:07 AM
I appreciate your feedback Duane. Thanks.