PDA

View Full Version : Kudu

Giovanni Frescura
11-08-2009, 03:36 AM
Hi
I ask your help
I am not sure that it is a particular shoot (not for animal but for position and composition) or not.
Please reply without problem
Thanks

Alfred Forns
11-08-2009, 10:44 PM
This is so much different I like it !!!!

Framing wise would give the right just a tad more room and wished the bottom was slightly cleaner from the sticks !!! This goes against the grain in looking away with no visible eyes but is interesting.

Ken Watkins
11-09-2009, 02:08 AM
I think this type of shot would only work well if there was a clear background, but given where Kudus live this is unlikely unless you find one on a termite mound.

Sabyasachi Patra
11-09-2009, 02:23 AM
I agree that without the sticks it would have been good. But as Ken says, finding it in a clean background may be uncharacteristic of the animal.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

john jackson
11-12-2009, 02:16 PM
I like the way the animal is listening backward while looking forward. It says something about the animal. The feeling of peering through the vegetation is what makes this image work for me. Maybe darken the pale vertical sticks a little and take out the tiny bits of vegetation under the right horn, but leave the textured background and foreground to put the animal in the place it where it lives.