PDA

View Full Version : Three Young Male Lions

ChasMcRae
11-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Three young male Lions in Etosha Park, Namibia drinking together at sunset.

Some people will not like this crop ,but left surrounding gray dusk coloring to point toward sunset colors on the Lions. May not work ,but thought interesting. Also liked the symmetry of the 3 with the 2 end lions in same position.

Chas.

Scanned Slide

Marc Mol
11-08-2009, 01:13 AM
Hi Charles

I can understand your thinking on this choice of crop, however it doesn't quite work for me.
Is this FF? Do you have more room on the left? Sometimes showing even more of their environment can tell the story better.

Stu Bowie
11-08-2009, 02:56 AM
Charles, good light and colours, and I agree, the three drinking postures work well. Comp wise, Im going with Marc, a central placement of the lions would work perfectly. Lets see how others see this. Nonetheless, a great sighting which I would love to experience.

Harshad Barve
11-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Agreed with comments above but what an experiance it must be to see three male Lions togather
TFS

Dan Walker
11-08-2009, 07:34 AM
I think this may work well with a pano crop, taking out most of the trees in the BG. Were the lions and the areas around them lightened? cant tell if it was with PP or a spotlight. If so, the rest of the surrounding rocks could be evened out to improve.

DanWalters
11-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Like the colors and the low angle. I think a tighter crop would work really well on this image. Little more off the right and top.

Morkel Erasmus
11-08-2009, 01:13 PM
great scene with play of light and symmetry as noted. I too want to see more to the right of them.

ChasMcRae
11-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Thanks for all comments. I thought most people would like a closer crop so posted the overall image to see the response. I guess the overall image mirrors my brain image more than a close crop and thought that might be interesting.

Ken Watkins
11-09-2009, 12:12 AM
On my monitor the whole area surrounding the lions seems to be artificially lightened, and does not look natural. The mirror pose is interesting.

ChasMcRae
11-09-2009, 11:41 PM
After comments and relook at image ,then probably a tight crop would be nice.
Yes the lions were accentuated by photoshop.