PDA

View Full Version : floating spider

Katherine Enns
11-07-2009, 07:31 PM
This is my first time posting in this particular part of the forum. I love the photographs posted here, and have been trying things like this for years. This is just an average shot filter unsharp to the max just to see what would happen to the texture. Nothing special. Comments welcome, of course.

denise ippolito
11-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Katherine, Big Welcome to OOTB. Really nice concept and I will have to give it a try. I like the composition w/ the spider on a slight diagonal. The green BG compliments it nicely.

Katherine Enns
11-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi Denise, thank you for your warm welcome. I am such a fan of this site, but I have no where near the expertise that others have here, so its with trepidation that I post things, but I am getting over that. Its amazing what can be done with filter options. This should be viewed smaller, i think. MUCH smaller :D

denise ippolito
11-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Katherine, Don't be shy-We are all just learning and having fun. Sharing ideas and bouncing them off one another,so please feel free to join in. :)

Katherine Enns
11-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks. Well its a journey. I have been taking photographs for work for 30 years, and finally started to put two and two together. You have a very nice group of people and some awesome artists are here.

Michael Zajac
11-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Kat, This has a really cool look to it. Almost like a cartoon. Very nice spider placement. Welcome to OOTB. I am new here too.

Cheryl Slechta
11-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Kat, welcome to OOTB! I really like the effect you got here. Hope you keep on posting:)

Katherine Enns
11-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks Cheryl and Michael, the cartoon effect is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the warm welcome, AGAIN.

kat