PDA

View Full Version : Not Ready for Prime Time

Danny J Brown
11-07-2009, 03:47 PM
I took this photo with my little Nikon D50 through my living room window during sub-freezing temperatures. I put a fresh dish of water out and these guys showed up real quick. Its not appropriate for prime time "Avian Gallery" but I thought you all might enjoy it a bit. It did make Birders World "Photo of the Week" but its not my best work, technically speaking. Take care.

denise ippolito
11-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Very nice crew! Congrats on Birders World! I love it!!

Gus Cobos
11-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Love the chorus line Danny...fantastic colors from the D50...this is one sweet camera...love the image and capture...congrats...:cool:

Harshad Barve
11-07-2009, 08:20 PM
lovely image , looks like you had great time with these guys and Big congrats
TFS

Julie Kenward
11-07-2009, 08:51 PM
I'd be so overjoyed if these little ones showed up at my birdbath! What a lovely little flock!!!

Danny J Brown
11-07-2009, 09:13 PM
I'd be so overjoyed if these little ones showed up at my birdbath! What a lovely little flock!!!

Don't lose hope Julie - you are only a couple hundred miles away from me!

Jim Buescher
11-07-2009, 09:53 PM
There's gotta' be a story here somewhere. One "guy" with a female on each side facing off against five other dudes at the bar... I get more pleasure from viewing entertaining shots like this sometimes than the technically perfect but static bird images. Congratulations.

Danny J Brown
11-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks Jim. I love it...... I can't quit laughing. BPN is the cheapest entertainment around.

Alfred Forns
11-07-2009, 10:23 PM
.. I thin they look ready Danny ... what a crew :)

Juan Carlos Vindas
11-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Hey Danny!

What kind of birds are these ones? they certainly look good.

Danny J Brown
11-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Hey Danny!

What kind of birds are these ones? they certainly look good.

Hi again Juan Carlos: They are Eastern Bluebirds.

Juan Carlos Vindas
11-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Hi again Juan Carlos: They are Eastern Bluebirds.

Thank you sir. These are new to me.

Judy Lynn Malloch
11-08-2009, 05:02 PM
How awesome is this Danny. This would be a dream come true for me to see that many bluebirds of happiness all at once.. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Fabs Forns
11-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Oh my!!! I'm blue with envy :D

I've only seen a bunch in the parks out West, but they don't sit still for pics.
Adorable!

Glenda Simmons
11-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Danny, You got my attention! Eastern Bluebirds are my favorite birds, probably because I have had the same family in my yard for five years, and have been able to form a bond, of sorts with the "King" of my yard. I know more about this bird, and it's behavior than any other bird, and with my photography friends have the nic-name, "Bluebird Queen" lol. When was this taken? You've got six males and two females, most likely roaming in between nesting seasons in search of food and "Greener pastures" I wonder what you would have had, if that bowl had been filled with mealworms, rather than water! This is a delightful image, and I remember seeing it while scrolling through past pics of the weeks, on Birder's World. Congratulations on a real winner, here. Clone out that poop! and doctor the deck and background, a bit. Your sure as heck don't need to do a thing to your main subjects. Thanks so much for bringing a smile to my face, tonight!!

Danny J Brown
11-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Hi Glenda: I'm glad you enjoyed the bluebirds. It is bluebird central here at our farm in Missouri all year long. The photo was taken December 18, 2006 on a bitterly cold day. I notice in the winter that our bluebirds gather together in bluebird houses to stay warm. I never have thought much about optimizing the photo. Its amazing how many copies I've sold, poop and all, at the local art gallery. I just got a copy of PS CS4 - maybe I'll practice on this one. Take care.