PDA

View Full Version : Purple Iris.... Sometimes You Got To Go With Grain

Charles Wesley
11-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Here's an artistic intrepretation of a purple iris. Wanted a soft colorful feeling. Went with the flow.

Canon EOS- 1D, Canon 100- 400 mm f/ 4.5- 5.6 IS zoom and tripod. Tried to combine art, color and a certain softness to the image. Hope its not too artsy for you.

DPP
PS/CS4
FocalBlade

denise ippolito
11-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Charles, It looks fantastic! Very artistic and pleasing to me. Colors and composition are very nice.

Charles Wesley
11-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Denise,

Thanks for the kind comments.

Julie Kenward
11-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Beautiful work, Charles! I especially love that leaf that is flowing out the back - really nice touch! Beautiful color and exposure is perfect - as is the soft DOF. I also love that the stem is a bit tilted and the fact that you can see a little bit of every part of the flower. Very nice work!

Christopher Miller
11-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Beautiful image, Charles! Love the soft feel, and great colors and BG.

Mike Moats
11-08-2009, 06:52 AM
Hey Charles, like the rest I think it looks great, has that classic painted look It's personal taste, but I like tighter crops so I would suggest a little of the top, and sides. Well done.

Dave Leroy
11-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Definitely has a soft feel to it and yet lots of detail. Great looking flower with lovely combination of colours. Very nicely done. Dave

Charles Wesley
11-09-2009, 05:55 AM
Dave,

Thanks for the kind comments. I used FocalBlade on certain blooms inorder to give some sharpness while having that soft feel overall.

Anita Bower
11-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Too artsy? No way. I think it looks beautiful! Purple against green looks great, and I like the blurred BG. I like the position of the flower. Like Jules, I like that disapperaing leaf.