PDA

View Full Version : A Stonechat

abdulghani
11-07-2009, 09:22 AM
http://www.pbase.com/abdulghani/image/119124821/original.jpg

<table width="450" align="center" border="1" cellpadding="1"><tbody><tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Date/Time</td><td class="lid">05-Nov-2009 15:00:30</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Make</td><td class="lid">Canon</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Model</td><td class="lid">Canon EOS-1D Mark III</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Flash Used</td><td class="lid">No</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Focal Length</td><td class="lid">560 mm</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Exposure Time</td><td class="lid">1/1250 sec</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Aperture</td><td class="lid">f/8</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">ISO Equivalent</td><td class="lid">640</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Metering Mode</td><td class="lid"> (-1)</td></tr> </tbody></table>
Cheers
Rahil

Norm Dulak
11-07-2009, 09:33 AM
abdulghani:

An interesting, sharp image of a nifty critter. The clean background sets off this little bird as if it were a trophy.

But I'd give the little bird more headroom, and a bit more space to look into.

Thanks for sharing.

Norm Dulak

Harshad Barve
11-07-2009, 09:33 AM
beautiful image , lovely compo , HA and exposure , sharpness looks spot on , only wish for better perch
nearly missed to mention killer BG
TFS

Graeme Sheppard
11-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Really lovely BG - did you do anything to get the colours so smooth?
I agree with the other comments entirely; the major stumbling block is probably the perch since the borders could easily be pushed out with your BG.

abdulghani
11-07-2009, 09:47 AM
thanks for your honest comments which are a booster for my future work.

Marina Scarr
11-07-2009, 10:08 AM
You just did a great job here with exposure, details and sharpness. I love the BG. Do think the bird needs a bit more room especially on top.

denise ippolito
11-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Beautiful details and sharpness. Exposure looks good too. I might give it a bit more room up top. Not fond of the perch.

Danny J Brown
11-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Hi Abdulghani: Very sharp and well-exposed with a nice, smooth background. It looks like the light might have been trying to sneak up on you on this one but you handled it well. I don't have any stonechats in my files so this is a treat. The shot seems a little tight too me and although I don't always mind an artificial perch, this one doesn't have much going in the aesthetics department. Thanks for posting.

Jim Fenton
11-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Naet subject and a great background.

The angled perch is a bit distracting along with it's not quite naturalness :)

The eye is nice and sharp, the wiskers under the chin look sharp, but to my eyes, the rest of the feather detail could stand just a touch more sharpening.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
11-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Hi Abdul,
I too would add a little on top and am not fond of the perch, but I love the bird and the way that you have handled the exposure and the BG.
Best,
Nicki

abdulghani
11-08-2009, 12:58 AM
Thanks to all of you for your comments.