PDA

View Full Version : Gotta eat your Veggies

Mike Tracy
11-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Jared Lloyd and I patiently observed this wild horse munching on what ever it is he was eating. The amazing thing is that these horses don't have a fresh water drinking supply. This horse was found in a marshy area on the other side of the island along the sound which is brackish. Not sure how they eat food that is so salty and drink the water but they are a study in adaptability.

Of the handful of files I have edited so far this was my wifes least favorite but I sort of liked it.

MKIII, EF500, 1/1000, f/4, ISO 800, E.C. +2/3, hand held

Marc Mol
11-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Great story of adaptability Mike, as you say, how they survive on brackish water alone is amazing.
This image tells that story very well.

Harshad Barve
11-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Lovely image and story
Lighting is surreal here
TFS

Steve Canuel
11-06-2009, 09:43 PM
This is a nice one Mike. The light gives this one a nice feel.

Danny J Brown
11-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Hi Mike: What a gorgeous beast. The rim lighting on the horses bangs and mane is sweet. Looks like a late afternoon shot. Have you considered rotating the photo a little CCW? It seems like the only images I ever have to level are water shots with the bank line in view and I have given up on trying to shoot them level. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the background info which I always enjoy.

Stu Bowie
11-07-2009, 01:09 AM
Well, he looks healthy enough. Only thing wrong with him is thats he's not getting enough exercise, looking at the stomach. Love the angle, good light and sharp. Thanks for the story Mike.

Betsie Storm
11-07-2009, 01:17 AM
Mike, Interesting story; love the rim lighting.

David Fletcher
11-07-2009, 05:14 AM
Excellent pose and lighting Mike. The story adds value too. Thanks for that. Very nice Mike.

Bonnie Block
11-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Well, he looks healthy enough. Only thing wrong with him is thats he's not getting enough exercise, looking at the stomach. Love the angle, good light and sharp. Thanks for the story Mike.
:) Stuart, I would give good $$$ here that this might be a pregnant mare!
Very nice image and interesting story Mike!