PDA

View Full Version : Red Fox Kit (Close Up)

Danny J Brown
11-06-2009, 03:11 PM
I got a call from a person in a nearby town asking if I'd be interested in photographing some fox kits that were living under his barn. When I got arrived at the farm, I found it impossible to get a photo with natural habitat. Habitat included rock piles, a gravel road and various buildings. This was my favorite from the series because it provides a nice close-up one of the kit's face. The line in the background is a gravel road and the green is a field. As always, thanks for looking and feel free to manipulate and repost.

Canon EOS40D; Canon 300 F4 L IS; 1/640; F/6.3; EC +2/3; ISO 400; Manfrotto 055XB w/488RC2; PP in Canon DPP + Lightroom II.

Marc Mol
11-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Well done Danny for getting a relatively clean BG. Great pose here, with nice color & fur detail, only nit is the two rocks in front of RR leg and being cut.

Danny J Brown
11-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Well done Danny for getting a relatively clean BG. Great pose here, with nice color & fur detail, only nit is the two rocks in front of RR leg and being cut.

Thanks Marc. I don't want to jinx myself but I think I'm starting to get the hang of sharpening these little jpeg files. David Fletcher gave me a few good tips. I noticed those rocks as well but that's the bottom of the image. I sure wish those foxes would have been in a beautiful forest setting with a stream. Maybe next time.

Mike Tracy
11-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Adorable little guy and I love that intent stare and sharpness of his head. Hind foot mentioned which caught my eye as well. Wish for more a tad more dof on tail.

Harshad Barve
11-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Wonderful image , great BG and eye contact
TFS

Steve Canuel
11-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Cute subject, sharpness and color look good. Cut foot mentioned. I'd remove the road. I think that would give it a more natural feel (den mound in a meadow). Looks like you did well to isolate from man made surroundings given your description.

Malcolm Benn
11-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Lovely image and great eye contact

Betsie Storm
11-07-2009, 12:41 AM
Danny, all things said already, but I add my vote for cuteness. Good capture in less than ideal conditions.

Stu Bowie
11-07-2009, 01:02 AM
How is that eye contact Danny. Love the stare, and the overall detail and colours. Well exposed too. As the rear paw has been cut, I cant help thinking a crop like this.

David Fletcher
11-07-2009, 05:17 AM
Super pose and comp Danny. Think you've done a good job isolating all the man made surroundings and you have great eye contact. Little bits already mentioned, and can only add a very appealing shot!

Danny J Brown
11-07-2009, 07:06 AM
How is that eye contact Danny. Love the stare, and the overall detail and colours. Well exposed too. As the rear paw has been cut, I cant help thinking a crop like this.

I like this one too Stuart but my favorite part of the photo was the dirty, little front paws.

DanWalters
11-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Nice eye contact and nice warm colors. I actually like the original crop. A vert crop would look nice as well.

Hendri Venter
11-09-2009, 03:28 AM
I like this one too Stuart but my favorite part of the photo was the dirty, little front paws.

Then I would suggest a vertical crop. I like the overall sharpness. Well done on a lovely image.

Willem Verboom
11-13-2009, 05:25 PM
The first one is beter looking for me. The colors and the eye contact is very nice. That kind of things nake the picture.

Willem