PDA

View Full Version : Swallow-tailed Hummingbird

Geraldo Hofmann
11-06-2009, 03:44 AM
One of the really common hummingbirds in Se-Brazil but still one of my favorites.

EOS50D 500mm + extension evening light + fill flash
1/320 sec f=5.6 ISO 250

Appreciate your comments
Geraldo

http://www.hofmann-photography.de/BAN/Swallo-tailed%20Hummingbird-6884.jpg

Daniel Cadieux
11-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Hi Geraldo, I can see that this is a very beautiful species with wicked colours (although too saturated in PS?)...and it looks like it was photographed in front of a lit Christmas tree! As posted the image quality is lacking...heavy compression artefacts and pixelation spoil the image. Bird is both angled and looking away. Flash used as fill will not help freeze the action...you'll need to raise the ISO for additional SS. Keep them coming!

Adams Serra
11-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Oi Geraldo,
I agree with Daniel's comments, I am sure you will have many more chances to photograph them again.

Geraldo Hofmann
11-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Thanks for your comments ... and yes there are plenty of them around :-)

Well I am actually happy with the sharpness I didn't want to create frozen wings but wanted to show how the head is motionless whereass the whole body is kind of navigating to keep the most important part in a stable position :-).

I like the background (trees and streetlights) but somehow it looks totally different after the upload.

Somehow I don't manage to upload this picture still looking the same after uploading :-( ...

Geraldo

scott benson
11-07-2009, 06:02 AM
love it, well caught.