PDA

View Full Version : Bosque North?

Steve Large
11-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Hi Everyone,
Thought that I would submit this pic that I took on the weekend. I was just thinking when I processed it how much it reminded me of those shots that folks put up here from Bosque del apache. But I won't pull your leg about this one. It was taken at Reifel Bird Sanctuary in southern British Columbia this past Sunday.

Camera Stats: Canon 50D, 500mm with 1.4X, ISO 400, 1/1000 at F/8 with +1 EC

Thanks for looking,

Steve

Kaustubh Deshpande
11-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Beautiful. we get a big group here close to Dallas and am planning to pay a visit to them this winter. Liked the wing position and the BG. The compression created by the long focal length is awesome.

KD

Scott Frye
11-05-2009, 04:15 PM
I like the synchronized flying and the feather detail on the body and neck for both birds. Very nice BIF

Dave Blinder
11-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Well done Steve. Great HA's, comp, bg, and flight capture.

Danny J Brown
11-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Hi Steve: This is my favorite photo of the day and it sure seems like I've looked at a lot of them. It has inspired me to spend more time this winter at the Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary near my home along the Mississippi. Thank you.

Graham Smith.
11-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Beautiful photo Steve - I like it a lot!
The whites are perfectly exposed and both birds are completely in focus. I do find the dark area of the BG on the LHS side just a little distracting though.

david cramer
11-05-2009, 08:28 PM
The synchronicity is wonderful. Beautifully composed.

Glenda Simmons
11-05-2009, 08:43 PM
A two For One Special! Wow! Very nice.

Harshad Barve
11-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Beautiful image , lovely pose and nice compo
TFS

Steve Large
11-06-2009, 01:42 AM
Hi Everyone,
Sorry for the late reply. I've been out for the day and just returned home. Thanks very much for all of your wonderful comments. It was truley a magic day on Sunday as we even managed to beat the weather. The forcast was for showers but it turned out that the whole day was spent with hardly a cloud in the sky. These guys were taking off from a farmer's field where they had been chowing down on autumn crop leftovers. You can always tell the new arrivals as their faces have not been stained by the iron in the soil yet.

Take care,

Steve

Mital Patel
11-06-2009, 05:23 AM
apart from the said above ,

i would like to add a space on left a bit more room to flying direction. 1 round of NR to bg to add more interest. 1 stop under expose to birds would have been good to me.

i like what you have post here but these two lines above are of extra interest. (though this is my own taste may not apply others ).

Clement Francis
11-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Wonderful exposure control, awesome action and equally beautiful looking subjects

Paul Lagasi
11-06-2009, 03:06 PM
The nice thing about Reifel is anything can be seen there....nice wing position, color..sharp...very well done