PDA

View Full Version : Clones or what?

Kaustubh Deshpande
11-05-2009, 12:19 PM
40D with 300 f/4 non-IS and a 1.4x
Exposure Time: 1/4000.0 seconds
FNumber: 5.6
ISO Speed Ratings: ISO 320

This is from the same weekend date with pelicans. I would like to visit again and take the same kind of shot in overcast conditions. Although morning, the sun was bright....that created the shadows messing with the beaks pattern.

I did not have full beak of that leftmost bird in the orig. Hence, I cropped it even more to create a tighter frame.

All critiques welcome and appreciated.

KD

Morkel Erasmus
11-05-2009, 12:47 PM
I really like this one Kaustubh...
Love the symmetry and whites well exposed, the front one is crisp!

Axel Hildebrandt
11-05-2009, 12:57 PM
I like this one, too, particularly the similar head angles. It could go a bit brighter for my taste. I might give it a bit more room on the left or maybe remove the clipped bill and head of the bird on the left.

Adrian David
11-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Excellent pose! Well seen!

arash_hazeghi
11-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Nice this is like an army parade! Love the sharp eye, whites exposed well.

Arthur Morris
11-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Interesting COMP. The whites look fine to me. If you learn to think digitally in the field, you could have gotten the bill of the bird on the left. How? Use One-Shot AF focusing as you did and make your first image and then without letting go of the shutter button simply point the camera well to the left so that you have the o-o-f bill of the last bird in the frame. Then create a stitched pano. You may have to make a few of the first one and a few of the second one it the back bird moves at all.... Even better would be a 2X2 stitch so that you could have had more room above.

Joe Senzatimore
11-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Interesting comp. Whites look very good.

Kaustubh Deshpande
11-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Thx everyone.

Artie, your suggestion is excellent. But my mistake was even bigger :-) The orig frame has lot on the left. Just pointing the camera towards right would have nailed the last bird too.

These birds stay here through the winter. So I will get a chance to make amends for sure.

KD

Harshad Barve
11-05-2009, 10:05 PM
KD
I liked this very much ,whites are awesome and front bird is sharp, nice advise by Guruji
TFS