PDA

View Full Version : Changeable Hawk Eagle

Sabyasachi Patra
11-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Bandipur Tiger Reserve, India

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 400mm F2.8 L IS USM, EF 2xII, ISO 200, F5.6, 1/125

Look forward to your comments and critiques.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Harshad Barve
11-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi Sabyasachi
Beautiful image , lovely raised crest , spot on expo and details
If mine I may add canvas on right hand side ,
TFS

Danny J Brown
11-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Hi Sabyasachi: Nice portrait of a bird I'll probably never see. Usually people can only get close-ups like this at raptor rehab centers. By the way, I love its eye which is actually shadowed a bit by its deep eyebrows. I might suggest you try lowering the top of the image down closer to the eagle's head. I have found that portraits like this seem to look better when there is not so much space above. If the bird is too low in the portrait it almost suggest that you missed the shot a little. Now this is just my opinion and you should take it with a grain of salt. Thanks again.

philperry
11-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Great shot Sabyasachi. And what a fabulous eagle.

I agree with Harshad's crop suggestion. But an alternative would be to crop more tightly from the top to bring the right side back into balance.

Fabs Forns
11-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Such an interesting bird, Sabyasachi, thanks so much for sharing him with us. Agree on adding a bit of canvas, not sure this is something you like to do :)

Axel Hildebrandt
11-05-2009, 12:50 PM
The raised crest of this species really is amazing. I also like the eye contact and head turn. Another vote for more room on the right.

Stu Bowie
11-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Hi Sabya, good looking eagle, and I like the raised crest. I agree adding to the right will work, and I would maybe tone down the highlights in the BG.

scott benson
11-07-2009, 05:58 AM
lovely shot.