PDA

View Full Version : Sweethearts

Glenda Simmons
02-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Just in time for Valentine's Day, I caught my Buebird pair sharing a sweet moment.

This was taken, today, in my yard as the sun was going down. I cropped it very slightly, and a minimal sharpening adjustment. Otherwise, nothing....this is the birds true color. It was hand-held at ISO 400, f/7.1, 1/250 at a focal length of 240mm. Canon Rebel XTi with 75-300I S lens

Peter M. Noyes
02-13-2008, 10:22 PM
What a beautiful picture. Especially appropriate for tomoorrow!

Lana Hays
02-14-2008, 04:59 AM
Glenda
This is the perfect day for this one. It would be a marvelous image for a valentine's card. You can post a larger image than you have....and I think that it would be even better to see all the detail and color. It's a nice image to see the differences between the male and female as well.

Glenda Simmons
02-14-2008, 07:07 AM
Thank you, Lana,
I spent over an hour , before posting this pic, trying to get it re-sized closer to the 150k, but am still having problems, due to my limited computer skills. I just installed photoshop elements 6, and I'm trying to learn the basics, since I have never used photoshop. If anyone has the same program, I would be greatful for guidance. What particular, can I do to enhance the "detail and color" as you mentioned? I really want to learn. Should I be asking these questions on a different forum?

Thank You...I know this site will help me improve my skills in many areas.

Lana Hays
02-14-2008, 07:43 AM
Glenda
I think the detail and color are fine. I just meant that at a larger view it would be even better. Do you have PS or just elements?

Jeff Nadler
02-14-2008, 08:33 AM
This is gorgeous . . . pertaining to this image and this forum category, there are numerous birding retail catalogs that actively look for images with human elements. This is a nice candidate for a sale! hint!

Nonda Surratt
02-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Wonderful, wonderful!!!!! Love everything about it.

Glenda Simmons
02-14-2008, 06:24 PM
Thank you all for the nice comments. I am lucky to have these beautiful birds residing in my yard almost year round. Lana, I have Elements 6. I ordered a book with it that has lessons...I'm at the beginning.

Gus Cobos
12-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Lovely composition and capture Glenda...:cool: