PDA

View Full Version : Skyline Caverns

Michael Pancier
11-04-2009, 11:23 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2742/4074223141_b2f814aef5_o.jpg

Shot inside the skyline caverns just outside the north entrance of Shenandoah.

5d Mark II
Canon 28 1.8
ISO 640
3 image HDR

processed in photomatix pro; lr; ps cs 4; applied noise ninja.

Dave Mills
11-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Hi Michael, Great colors and interesting subject matter. I might crop the bright area off the left which pulls my eye in that direction. This will also bring the pathway and opening out of the center. Good use of HDR!

Fabs Forns
11-04-2009, 10:57 PM
That is some intricate caverns, it feels a little too contrasty, I'm wondering why would you need Noise Ninja in a ISO 640 HDR????

Michael Pancier
11-04-2009, 11:45 PM
That is some intricate caverns, it feels a little too contrasty, I'm wondering why would you need Noise Ninja in a ISO 640 HDR????

I had it in auto ISO....and shot at f/ 1.8

I got some noise in the image

Roman Kurywczak
11-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Hey Michael,
this is a tough one....because it doesn't appear you had much/any light. Is the brighter area on the left spotlit or lit by you? Since the left is soft ....probably because of DOF and brightest......I'd go with Dave's recommended crop. I'm not sure what the object is on the right FG area......looks like plywood....definitely seems out of place. Having never been there I don't know what other difficulties you had but it looks like an interesting place.

Judy Lynn Malloch
11-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Very striking capture and l like the DOF in this image that takes your eye right through to the back of the image. Thanks for sharing Michael.

Michael Pancier
11-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Hey Michael,
this is a tough one....because it doesn't appear you had much/any light. Is the brighter area on the left spotlit or lit by you? Since the left is soft ....probably because of DOF and brightest......I'd go with Dave's recommended crop. I'm not sure what the object is on the right FG area......looks like plywood....definitely seems out of place. Having never been there I don't know what other difficulties you had but it looks like an interesting place.

it was their light. it is pretty dark