PDA

View Full Version : Coyote in Fresh Snow

Danny J Brown
11-03-2009, 07:29 PM
I took this photo after setting up in a fresh snow (full camo) in a creekbed on our farm where I had been seeing a lot of activity. As you can see, it was a pretty brushy area but this healthy-looking critter gave me a pretty good stare through all of nature's distractions. I especially like the stem that goes right through the right eye - thanks Mother Nature. I hope you enjoy it a bit.

Canon EOS 40D; Sigma 100-300 F4; 1/80; F/6.3; EC +2/3; ISO 400; Manfrotto 055XB w/488RC2 (JPEG Capture)

Marc Mol
11-04-2009, 12:08 AM
I'll have to agree to disagree re. right eye grass stem Danny.;)
Nice comp with intense stare, could do with a round of USM on the Coyote.

Stu Bowie
11-04-2009, 03:26 AM
Danny, you certainly captured great eye contact, and I like the low angle. IMHO, I feel the stem is distracting through the right eye. Another vote for USM.

Harshad Barve
11-04-2009, 07:14 AM
lovely eye contact , another vote for USM and stem not helping here
TFS

Danny J Brown
11-04-2009, 07:14 AM
I should have used one of the little icons when I said I liked the stem. When I read it now I realize that the tone of my sarcasm about Mother Nature was totally absent. I really don't like the stem but I hate to remove stuff from my photos. I'll keep working on sharpening these little files. I had sharpened it more and then pulled back because it looked like too much. Thanks again guys - the quick feedback is great!!!

David Fletcher
11-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Nice one Danny. Suggestions already made, so can only pay my respects.

Judy Lynn Malloch
11-05-2009, 07:20 AM
Agree with the above comments Danny. Wonderful direct stare and I like the snow and the natural environment that surrounds the Coyote. Excellent exposure too. thanks for sharing.

david cramer
11-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Looks like your camo worked and certainly helped you get a closeup of this coyote. Agree with above comments.

philperry
11-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Beautiful coyote in its warm, winter coat. Super capture.

I hear what everyone says about the stem/eye - but am not sure I have the skills yet to do much about such obstructions without making it look unreal, so I take your original point Danny.

So lucky to have coyotes on your farm. So similar to our jackals - great animal.