PDA

View Full Version : Ffffog in Aaaspen

Katherine Enns
11-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Hi all, This was taken last Sunday morning on the hill north of Ootishenia, with Canon Rebel Xsi, f/13 1/100 s, ISO 800, with a 24-108 @ 24 mm. AFter seeing other ffffog related shots in here, and the comments, I thought I would see what advice I could get. I rotated it slightly, brightened it a bit, cropped it, rolled it, patted it and marked it with a B. Ok, maybe not the last part, but comments welcome. This is one of my first posts outside of Eager to Learn. Not that I am not eager to learn, or anything.

Roman Kurywczak
11-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Hi Kat,
Hmmmmm.....did you apply an effect?.....looks grainy/noisy....which could be the Rebel at ISO 800. As presented, the crop apppears squarish....which I don't mind....but where did you crop?...as i would prefer more RH or LH side and less of the sky. This does also appear a bit over sharpened....so pull back on that also....I do like the way the composition flows through the scene....so the recommended fixes are just PP'ing tweak.

Katherine Enns
11-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Thanks Roman. I bet its the 800 ASA too, re grainy. I can try again with this. I have a bunch of crops and different shots.

Dave Mills
11-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Hi Katherine, I like the fog within the image and agree about the excess noise. Another possibility for a comp is less of the mountain and zeroing in more on the trees and the fog.

Katherine Enns
11-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Here is my correction, I tried to tone the graininess out. Clipped down to remove the sky. From this I have learned to stay away from fog!

I dont know how often I am permitted to post photos, I thought it was only one per day. Thanks for both your suggestions. More comments are most welcome

Kobus Tollig
11-04-2009, 01:45 AM
The second post is better well done. Nice eye you have and it has great colour to it.
I think you have done well now with the editing. NExt time maybe just bring it down to ISO 100 or even 200 is also fine.

Dave Mills
11-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Hi Kat, You are allowed to repost an image in the same thread so no problem. Your repost is stronger and I like what you did. Maybe a small amount more to the right would help it a bit more...

Katherine Enns
11-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Done. Thanks Kobus and Dave. I am learning, all the time.

Fabs Forns
11-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Yes, I love ethe fall coloring but the white sky has to go. Well done in the repost.

Katherine Enns
11-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Thank you, Fabs.

Gerald_Gilligan
11-10-2009, 12:40 AM
Kat,
This is a nice image and the fog adds to the image for me...use the fog and any other naturally occurring conditions to help create different moods...the fog is not always an available prop for us to add or to eliminate...I search out these types of conditions when possible!

Jerry