PDA

View Full Version : Little yellow wonder

Alexander Koenders
11-03-2009, 02:43 PM
This buuterfly was sitting on a flower at a verry urley morning.

Olympus E3, Sigma 150mm F2.8 makro, 300mm focuslength, F9, 1/320sec, ISO250, 0 stop

Adrian David
11-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Lovely capture! Excellent BG, and I love those little,shiny water drops on the butterfly and the flower.They look like diamonds...A little NR on the BG would enhance the quality of the photo.

Julie Kenward
11-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Good golly that's a beauty! Wow, would I love to have this in my collection! I also think the droplets are amazing but I might back off the sharpening just a tiny bit - they look as if they might be just a tiny bit oversharpened to me. Still...what beautiful light and the colors are opalescent...a real gem of a butterfly image, Alexander!

Mike Moats
11-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Hey Alexander, I really like this, great comp and really nice details, color and BG. Dew drops really add a nice touch.

Juan Carlos Vindas
11-03-2009, 09:33 PM
I also like this image a lot. I especially love the droplets.

Harshad Barve
11-04-2009, 08:08 AM
killer shot , lovely compo , colors , expo and water droplets
big congratulations
TFS

Charles Wesley
11-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Alexander,

This is a very crisp photo. Like the color, contrast and pure BG.
Thanks for sharing...

Jerry van Dijk
11-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Hi Alexander, this is really special! Did you use flash for this picture? Some of the drops look very bright and I see the flower leaves a harsh shadow on the butterfly for an early morning. Was this taken in Holland? I'm still puzzling about the species of both the butterfly and the flower.
Wonderfully done!

Jerry.

Alexander Koenders
11-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Hi Alexander, this is really special! Did you use flash for this picture? Some of the drops look very bright and I see the flower leaves a harsh shadow on the butterfly for an early morning. Was this taken in Holland? I'm still puzzling about the species of both the butterfly and the flower.
Wonderfully done!

Jerry.

Hi Jerry,

No flash used but just the urley morning sun. Place is near De Meern in the province of Utrecht and the name of the buuterfly is Green-veined White (klein geaderd witje).

Greetings

alexander

Anita Bower
11-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Lovely image. The water drops on plant and butterfly make is special.

Christopher Miller
11-06-2009, 09:45 PM
This is a beauty, Alexander! Lovely light, colors, comp, and BG, and the water droplets are the perfect touch. Well done!