PDA

View Full Version : Croton Leaf Up Close

Charles Wesley
11-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Here's a close up of one of my croton's from the garden. I used my Canon 5D, Sigma 180 mm HSM f/3.5 and 12 mm ET. I think I like the grainy look.

Let me know what you think?

Susan Griffith
11-03-2009, 12:54 PM
The texture you captured is wonderful, the saturation makes the detail pop to a greater degree. nice capture.

-S

Julie Kenward
11-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Very vivid and contrasty - I love it! I think it would also be just as powerful as a vertical.

My only tiny suggestion would be if you had more room on the right side of the frame, I'd include the entire white line - but that is a really tiny afterthought.

Juan Carlos Vindas
11-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Agree about the vertical format. Love the textures in this one!

Dave Leroy
11-03-2009, 11:32 PM
I really like how everything stands out so well; the colours, the details, the combination of different lines and the tiny spots. Really well done. Dave

Anita Bower
11-04-2009, 05:41 PM
The colors are just marvelous. I love yellow and red. A little thing--wish the area just above the main vein were not lighter.

Ramesh Adkoli
11-05-2009, 01:06 AM
Simple yet powerful image, Charles. Strong contrast and texture add to the feel of the image. Only small grouse is that i wish the top left had been as sharp as the rest of the image. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

caseyargall
11-06-2009, 01:01 AM
i like the way you've put the stem on a diagonal line simple but effective thing to do.
also the red with white and yellow has a strong impact.
a strong use of lines, well done.

Grady Weed
11-06-2009, 02:48 PM
As usual Charles, brilliantly done! All of the suggestions are valid, minor points. Long time no see since PM days eh! Your work is refreshingly artistic. Please keep posting. I think Mike Moats has some serious competition. :) We have a lot of very good photographers here at BPN. :)

denise ippolito
11-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Charles, Really nice looking image. I like the strong look to the comp. Very well done.

Charles Wesley
11-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Grady & Denise,

Thanks for the kind comments. Grady I'm in PT following micro fracture surgery on my R patella ( knee cap ).
It will take possibly another year of treatment to break up the scar tissue. It's still limiting my macros at this time.

I've been following Mike Moat's work since early this decade on another forum. He has great visual and photographic abilities far beyond mine. He also wants to help everyone get better. We're lucky to have him here at BPN.

Grady thanks for the praise. I like your work and undying enthusiasm. I'm just trying to get better...