PDA

View Full Version : White Pelican in Flight

Danny J Brown
11-03-2009, 08:05 AM
I photographed this pelican as it and others were foraging along the Mississippi River. The light and shadows were challenging but the image is pretty close to what I saw in the field. Your comments and suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks.

Canon EOS 40D; Canon 300 F4L; 1/1250; F/7.1; ISO 200; Handheld (IS On)

Harshad Barve
11-03-2009, 08:09 AM
exposure , compo and sharpness is spot on here , HA is biggest issue ,
TFS

Mital Patel
11-03-2009, 08:18 AM
lovely shot. wish you clicked this while its coming in instead going out. which may added more light to wing position and other. but still this is a killer shot to me.

Doug Brown
11-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Exposure control of the whites and sharpness are both perfect. Wing position is less than ideal; full up or down would be better. While you can see the eye quite well, the bird has already flown past you; I prefer the bird to be coming towards you. Blacks are a little blocked. You might be able to pull out a bit of detail by reprocessing. Please post complete techs of your photos as it assists with the critiquing process. Thanks for sharing!

Stu Bowie
11-03-2009, 10:13 AM
I like the light cast on the head and eye, and as mentioned by the others, he's already past you, and flying away from you. Still, keep them coming.

James Salywoda
11-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Great shot Danny I totally agree with Doug on his critique but the main thing was your camera settings were perfect just a little off on timing for the most ideal angle of capture but I still like it.

Fabs Forns
11-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Taken a second before, it would have been better because he's past the prime position. I like the eye cont ac but don't care for the harsh shadow across the body.